Dealing with Sleep Apnea?
Snoring is a potentially serious a condition where you stop breathing for 10 seconds or more during sleep. This is referred to as Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). Common symptoms include being awakened by coughing or choking, morning headaches, excessive fatigue, and more. Because OSA repeatedly prevents breathing while you sleep, it can place you at a higher risk of a heart attack or stroke.
In the past, the most effective solution to sleep apnea was a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine, equipped with a cumbersome oxygen mask that was worn throughout the night. At Cityview Smiles Dental, however, we are proud to offer the latest innovation in sleep dentistry: Custom appliances that can help open your airway and reduce or eliminate snoring, thus reducing the need to use a CPAP machine.
To improve your chances of success, we often recommend making subtle changes in your lifestyle. For example, simply engaging in mild exercise on a daily basis and/or quitting smoking can significantly aid your dental treatment.
If you are looking for options to help combat your sleep apnea in Vaughan and Richmond Hill, please contact us today. The experts at Cityview Smiles Dental look forward to utilizing sleep dentistry to help you get the nighttime rest that you need!
Why Choose Dr. Genna Gelfand?
- Fellow of International Dental Implant Association
- 2000+ Implants Placed to Date
- Recipient of Award in Oral Pathology from the University of Western Ontario
- One Stop Shop – Dr. Gelfand Can Take Care of All Your Dental Needs Under 1 Roof
- Advanced Post-Graduate Training In: • Implantology• Orthodontics• Invisalign®• Periodontology• Sedation Dentistry